Fathers: check out these amazing father-of-the-bride speeches to inspire your own.
Whether you’re a cool, calm, funny or geeky dad, your daughter’s wedding day can feel as important as you’re own. Take inspiration from this lot and wow the wedding guests.
The Well-Written Speech
Telling a story is a great way to engage all your guests, just as Philip does in this touching wedding speech to his son-in-law.
The ‘Fess Up Speech
What was your parenting really like? Joking about how you raised your daughter is totally acceptable – as long as you do it well. I’m not sure how the bride took it though!
The Sweet Speech
If you are one of these dads who finds being sentimental tough, this is a great way to do it. This video balances the right amount of emotion with humour and you can really feel everyone’s emotions in the room – especially the dad’s.
The Deep & Meaningful Speech
Have a big heart and want to let it all out? Offering timeless advice in your speech, a dash of humour and a multitude of deep sentences will take your daughter’s breath away.
The Multimedia Speech
Sometimes the best things are left unsaid but left up to technology. If you’re media savvy and have a handful of embarrassing photos at your disposal, why not put together a short video of your fondest memories?
How To Write It Yourself
Now, over to you. Here’s the basics when writing your speech:
- Address your guests by welcoming them to the wedding and thanking them for their contributions to your daughter’s big day.
- Welcome the groom’s in-laws in to your family.
- Discuss the preparations to the wedding – funny situations, etc.
- Discuss your daughter – fond memories, tricky situations, what makes her special etc.
- Discuss your son-in-law – how did they meet? what did you think of him at first? etc.
- Toast the bride and groom – wishing them happiness in the future and health etc.
Now that you’ve seen our guide to the best father of the bride speeches, make sure that you let the happy couple know about our wedding invitation printing and wedding order of service printing capabilities.