Choose Business Cards by finish
Choose Business Cards by type
Business Card Printing with Low Prices and Free UK Delivery from Solopress
Business Card Benefits
A Business Card features your professional contact details and is designed to fit into a wallet, purse or pocket. They’re typically printed landscape onto paper or board with a weight of around 300 to 800gsm.
Often handed over during business meetings, their primary purpose is to enable further contact between parties. However, the exchange of Business Cards has become a tradition that marks a bond between companies and individuals. A Business Card is therefore essential for anyone wanting to take part in this custom.
More information on the origins of Business Cards is available in our blog about who Invented Business Cards.
Business Cards remain a must-have item for a number of reasons.
While it’s possible to transmit the same information digitally, a Business Card prompts a personal moment when you hand over your contact details. The card’s lasting physical presence also provides a tangible reminder of your meeting.
The look and feel of the card itself gives you an opportunity to tell more of your story. Your design choices, artwork, wording, and even paper stock and finish, all help to build a picture of your brand.
But maybe most importantly, the exchanging of Business Cards remains one of the traditional formalities that marks an auspicious meeting, and one that puts the room on a professional footing. If you want to take part in that custom, you’ll need to have a Business Card on hand.
Primarily, a Business Card is used to transmit your professional contact details. That means the recipient can get hold of you in future, plus the very act of giving the card helps to form a bond with that person.
A Business Card with a blank area allows you to jot down a specific quote, product spec or message that helps personalise the moment and increase the significance of the card to its recipient.
Outside of meetings, a Business Card can be used to enter a prize draw, secure a wobbly table leg and much more!
Our sizes vary depending on which Business Card you’re ordering. Sizes we offer include:
- 85 x 55 mm (Standard)
- 85 x 25 mm (Mini)
- 55 x 55 mm (Square)
- 89 x 51 mm (American)
- 88 x 55 mm (Alternative)
- 80 x 50 mm (Small)
- 90 x 55 mm (Long)
Yes, you can. For custom-sized Business Card queries, please email [email protected], as this isn’t something we offer on our website.
Please note: You can’t have rounded corners on custom Business Cards.
The best paper for your Business Card is the one that best suits your brand and purposes. Solopress offers a broad range of options on paper stocks and finishes, all of which have been carefully selected for their suitability.
Silk and Bond cards offer a classic look and feel, perfect for industries with formal or established traditions when it comes to print.
Meanwhile, Laminated Business Cards offer a greater level of durability to keep your details fresh in wallets and pockets.
Eco-Friendly Business Cards from the Solopress Green range are recycled, recyclable and carbon neutral to help reduce your impact on the environment.
Other materials and options such as textured or metallic paper stocks and Spot UV or Foil finishes add a point of difference to support distinctive brands.
A wide range of card thicknesses are considered suitable for Business Cards. However, anything under 290gsm might prove too flimsy and could reflect poorly on your brand. Conversely, anything above 850gsm might leave your recipient struggling to get the card into the slots of their purse, wallet or Business Card holder.
For a Business Card you can write on, you’ll want to avoid gloss surfaces that don’t absorb ink, and textured surfaces that will be difficult to write on..
Our Economy Business Cards on 400gsm silk paper are a great surface to write on. The slight texture offered by our Pulp Business Cards still provides a comfortable writing surface.
Our Metallic and Laminated Business Cards might present difficulties for a fountain pen, but a ballpoint pen should do the job..
Foil and Spot UV areas on Business cards will not be suitable to write on other than with a permanent marker.
Cost & Quantity
Yes. You’ll find a dropdown menu titled VERSIONS on the product page for your chosen Business Card. This menu lets you select the number of unique designs you wish to print as part of your order.
The quantity you select for an order where you have selected a number in the VERSIONS dropdown menu will then constitute the number of each version printed.
For example, if you select 2 under VERSIONS and set the quantity to 500, you will receive a total of 1000 Business Cards – 500 of each version.
Yes, Business Cards are vatable. While certain printed products such as books are zero-rated, VAT is payable on print items that are used as an aid to business. Business Cards fall under that category. For more info about paying VAT on print and exemptions for registered charities, visit our Support Guide on VAT.
Solopress typically offer next working day Business Card delivery on a huge range of stocks and finishes.
The standard cut off time for placing orders on next day Business Cards is 12pm. This applies to the following Business Card finishes and types:
- Gloss, velvet or matt lamination
- Luxury, triple-layered
- Textured or uncoated
- Rounded corners
Cards that take longer to produce include:
- Folded cards (one-day turnaround)
- Perforated cards (one-day turnaround)
- Spot UV (two-day turnaround)
- Foiled finishes (two-day turnaround)
Next day delivery is available for nearly all of the UK, with the following exceptions:
- Scotland – PA postcode. Deliveries to this area only take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. After you’ve placed your order, you’ll receive an email confirming the exact delivery date.
- Scotland – AB, FK, G83, IV, KW, PA, PH, HS & DD postcodes. Deliveries to these areas can take an extra two to three days.
- Northern Ireland – BT postcode. Deliveries to this area take an extra two to three days.
- Outside the UK – While we’re happy to ship outside the UK, we’re unable to offer a Business Cards on a next day delivery. International customers seeking to place orders for fast delivery should speak with one of our Live Chat representatives or call us on 01702 460047, for advice on delivery costs and timings.
Most of our Business Cards qualify for next day working delivery when they’re ordered before 12pm on weekdays.
We also offer an extended deadline service. This means you can order up until 5pm on weekdays, to get next day delivery on your Business Cards – for a small extra cost.
There’s a countdown timer on each individual page. This lets you know the cut off time to submit your order if you wish to receive it on the next working day.
Yes, everything you order comes with free UK delivery.
Next-day print turnarounds are available on most Business Card orders placed before the daily cut-off. You can browse prices and delivery dates before adding your Business Cards to your basket.
Whether you select a next day turnaround or a longer delivery time, once your order is ready for dispatch, it will be sent via FedEx’s next day delivery service at no extra charge.
This is completely down to you. Each business is unique and may prioritise certain details over others. A few things we’d recommend:
- Company name
- Contact details
For more information on what to include on a Business Card, read our detailed blog.
If you’re starting from scratch, there are three ways we can help you out with your Business Card design.
- If you or someone in your organisation has some graphic design skills, we have free Business Card template for each size that we offer. These blank templates are available to open in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator or Acrobat, and mark out cutter guides, safe areas and bleed areas.
- If you don’t want to design from scratch, you can browse the free-to-use designs within our Create Your Own tool. Each themed design allows you to write enter copy and produce content to make create Business Cards that are unique to you. Remember to log in to your Solopress account before you get started so that you can save your progress along the way.
- If you’re looking for a professionally designed, totally bespoke Business Card, then our talented team of in-house designers is on hand to create artwork for you. A drop down menu on the product page for your chosen Business Card will ask you "WOULD YOU LIKE US TO DESIGN YOUR ARTWORK FOR YOU?". Simply select "Yes please" and click Add to basket. From the basket window, click the Create Your Brief button and fill out your design requirements, attaching any logos or wordmarks you’d like us to include. Please note: this will affect your delivery date.
The programmes supported by our free downloadable templates are:
However, you can use any graphic design programme you prefer, as long as you can export your artwork as a print-ready file format.
Please note: If you use a different programme, your artwork needs to:
- Be at the correct size with a resolution of 300dpi
- Be in CMYK colour
- Include a 3mm bleed
For more information, go to our Support Guide on How To Supply Artwork.
Alternatively, our Create Your Own tool lets you design a Business Card online at solopress.com without using a design programme. Remember to login to your account before you get started so you can save your progress.
If you want to make amendments to your design, please speak with one of our Live Chat team, email [email protected], or call 01702 460047 quoting your order number.
Please note: because of our high-speed turnaround, your items will be printed soon after you place the initial order, however we will always do our best to change the artwork as late as possible.
Most Business Cards can be recycled, and Solopress offers both recyclable Business Cards and Business Cards made from recycled material.
Where we’re unable to source recycled paper (guaranteed to have been made from recycled material), we endeavour to use paper which is guaranteed to come from sustainably managed forests.
We also offer Eco-Friendly Business Cards as part of the Solopress Green range.
After use, most cards can be recycled once again. That includes our Economy, Pulp, Textured, Kraft and Eco-Friendly Business Cards.
Business Cards that cannot be recycled after use include Laminated, Foil and Spot UV.