Careers at Solopress
Solopress are hiring! As one of the UK's fastest growing commercial printers, we're looking for great people to join our very friendly, hardworking team. The wellbeing of our employees is just as important to Solopress as ensuring the total satisfaction of every single customer who use our 24-hour turnaround printing and design services. So what are you waiting for? Apply now and grow with us!
All the jobs advertised below are full-time only and based at the Solopress premises in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
To apply for any of these positions (unless instructed otherwise in the job listings below), please e-mail your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't phone or write to us regarding your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. No enquiries from recruitment agencies. Thank you.
Don't miss out. Like us on Facebook & Twitter to see the latest vacancies, as soon as they become available!
Live Chat Advisors
Solopress are looking for Live Chat Advisors to join our online Live Chat/Sales department.
- A knowledge of print is preferred but not essential
- Excellent customer liaison skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team
- Customer service / sales experience essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous call centre experience a bonus
- Using our online chat service to type to live customers providing quotes
- Answering any queries the customer may have or providing them with the relevant information of someone who can help
- Developing and maintaining positive customer relationships when providing estimates and quotes
Solopress are looking for Print Finishers to join our Print Finishing department. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hard-worker willing to learn in a thriving and successful online printing company.
- Must be literate and numerate, but qualifications not essential
- Fast learner, people skills, common sense
- Good work ethic
- Flexible attitude
- Willing to learn and operate various machines
- Experience in the online print industry is not essential
- Various print finishing roles
- Learn and operate finishing machinery
- Pack boxes for shipping/delivery
Sales Account Managers
Solopress are looking for experienced Sales Account Managers to join our sales department.
- A firm knowledge of print, finishing and familiarity with Adobe Design programs
- Excellent customer liaison skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines including working additional hours when required
- Applying professional sales techniques and taking sales calls on a daily basis
- Data entry skills
- Experience in print estimating techniques preferred
- Administration and account handling experience
- Experience in negotiating and excellent organisational skills
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Taking sales calls and dealing with customer enquiries, as well as offering other services that the company can provide
- Answering any queries that the customer may ask or transferring them to the relevant person
- Updating the customer database and booking in new sales jobs
- Receiving print instructions and pricing according to the processes required to deliver the job
- Developing and maintaining positive customer relationships when providing estimates and quotes for bespoke printing
Front End Web Developer
As a Front End Web Developer, you will be responsible for planning, prototyping and delivering web applications for Soloweb's clients. You'll keep up-to-date with the latest web technologies and have a keen interest in developing your skills alongside your new colleagues.
Joining an exciting, fast-paced environment of innovation, you'll work on key projects that will make a true difference to both Soloweb and their clients.
So is this the role for you? To be considered for this opportunity, you must have experience of the following:
- HTML5 and CSS3, including knowledge of emerging standards
- Web content management systems (from Wordpress to Shopify)
- Experience of server-side programming
- Source code control
The ideal Front End Web Developer will have experience of UNIX/Posix systems, collaborating on projects and sticking to deadlines. Experience with languages such as Ruby or other backend languages would be beneficial to your application. A proven track record of consistent design and development standards will vastly help your chances of being part of the Soloweb team.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to progress your career with an established, fast-paced company.
Solopress are looking for an experienced SEO & Inbound Digital Marketing Assistant to manage internal and external online marketing campaigns.
You’ll need to be a creative thinker, with a soft spot for data and a whiz kid armed with a Swiss-knife of web skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least a year’s experience managing SEO & Online marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of business & branding online
- Good grasp of English language, able to proofread own work and the work of others
- Able to write engaging, authoritative content and blog posts with the aim of building inbound links
- Setting up and managing social media campaigns
- Knowledge of Pay Per Click campaigns & Adwords/Bing Ads
- Good analytical skills, able to translate visitor and conversion data into succinct meaningful reports for clients and colleagues
- Analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster tools, Moz, Statcounter or others
- Results driven and able to communicate with clients and colleagues who may not know SEO
- A passion for good user experience
- Able to deal with 404’s and redirections correctly
- Always up to date with the latest SEO practices
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Able to implement schema structured data
- Usage of CMS plugins to manage SEO on platforms such as WordPress
- Able to audit the speed of a website and suggest/implement ways to improve load time
- Knowledge of semantic HTML 5 markup, and some basic web design skills
- eCommerce experience
- If you have previous Photoshop or similar experience, this would be an advantage for creating your own graphics to go alongside any ads and blogs you create, but is not essential
Xerox iGen 4 Digital Print Operators
Solopress are looking for experienced Xerox iGen 4 Operators to join our Digital Print department.
- Not essential, but must be literate and numerate
- Self motivated
- Good communicator
- Good eye for detail
- Willing to stay until job is completed
- Hand finishing required on some jobs
- Worked in similar role before
- Xerox iGen 4
- Ensure that the final printed product is finished in time for the dispatch team
- Update the system at each stage of the process
- Work within the company's Quality Management System
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality
- Troubleshoot equipment problems. Arrange for the engineers to attend if necessary