Customise Our Business Card Designs
Create Your Own Business Card Designs
Business Card Design Tips
For many potential customers and clients, a business card is the first impression they have of you and the company you represent. It’s important your business card design is memorable and grabs their attention.
From selecting the colours, to adding the information, there are a lot of elements which go into a simple business card.
When you’re designing, it helps to break down the process into a few steps. For example:
- Think about what information you need to include – name, contact details, company info etc.
- Consider what visual elements you want – logo, graphics, photographs and imagery.
- How your design will be laid out – where will your information go and how it’ll align with visual elements.
With our free templates and tools, it’s easy to design your own business card with Solopress and get the process started. You can choose one of two ways to do it.
The first option is to use our simple Create Your Own tool. Choose from one of over 100 ready-made business card designs, which feature a huge range of different layouts, graphics and colours.
The second, is to download one of our business card templates. They’re available in several different sizes and layouts, giving you a blank canvas to create an artwork that perfectly matches you and your brand.
Once you’ve designed your card, save them to your Solopress account and head to our business cards page. Select your card type, paper finish and quantity, then we’ll handle the printing.
Most of our business card designs come with free next day delivery too, so you’ll have it in your customer’s pockets in no time.
How To Design A Business Card In Photoshop
There are three ways you can design your own printed business card with us:
- Find a design you like from 100s of templates, then modify it to your company information with our Create Your Own tool.
- Opt for a blank template and add your colour, shapes, text and imagery. Then save it to your Solopress account.
- Download a template in your chosen editing software and create your design from scratch, with bleed, trim and safe areas included.
There are several factors which make up a good business card design. These include:
- Personality – how do the design choices you’ve made represent you and your brand? Think about the wording and graphics that you use and what image they convey of you professionally.
- Consistency – your design should follow the same branding and themes of your other printed and digital marketing materials. E.g. if your company uses certain colours and graphics, use them on your card for a uniform look.
- Detailing – make sure your contact information is clear, relevant, and most importantly, correct. Remember, you want people to contact you again, so give them everything they need to do so.
Every business card is different. What you include on them will depend on the design style you’re going for. However, there are several elements you’ll find on most cards, including:
- Company logo and name
- Business card owner’s name and position
- Company website
- Contact details – phone number and email
- Business address
- Social media accounts
Colour plays an important role in design and is often the first element of your business card a customer will notice. When choosing colours for your business card design, consider:
- Your brand colours – your business card should reflect your brand, so using company colours in your artwork shows you’re representing your organisation whenever you pass on a card.
- Contrasts – to make your important information stand out, use contrasting colours for the backdrop, such as white text on a dark background, or gold on black.
- Colour theory – every colour emits a certain emotional response. Understanding these can help your business card resonate with your audience. Find out more about the importance of colours in print marketing.
Yes, using all your design space by printing on both sides of your business card could help make a bigger first impression. This extra side could be used to add additional information, such as your social media profiles or a short bio of the company and your role.
To make a unique business card design, you don’t always need to think outside the box. Even a small change could make a big difference, such as choosing rounded corners, instead of a standard square.
Standout paper finishes, such as spot UV or foil could also help make your printed business card shine.
Yes, we have a specific quotation business card design, precisely aimed at including taglines, mottos or quotes. This can help give your business card something extra that a recipient will remember – perfect for standing out from the other cards they’ll receive.
To make your quote as effective as it can be, add it to one side of your business card on a plain background, to not deter from the meaning. Then, your contact details, logo and other information can go on the reverse.
Absolutely, our Create Your Own tool is completely free to use and features a huge range of template designs for you to choose from. Alternatively, you can start with a blank canvas and add images and text from scratch, for a fully customised business card design. Make sure you’re signed in before you start designing so that you can save your progress.
Certainly, we have a team of specialist in-house designers who would be more than happy to help. The price of our business card design service starts from £40.00.
For more information, give us a call on 01702 460047 or email [email protected].
Ready to print? Check out our extensive range of different paper stocks, finishes, shapes and sizes.
Download free blank templates ready to be edited in InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop.
Read our definitive guide about Business Cards, answering some of the most important and common questions on the subject.